- Rental and Mortgage Assistance Programs NOW AVAILABLE
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has approved the state’s request for federal assistance to help businesses in the northern Illinois counties of Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry and Will.
This means there are now a variety of loans available for businesses and residents who experienced physical damages or economic injury as a result of civil unrest in these areas. Loans available are:
Business Physical Disaster Loans – Loans to businesses to repair or replace disaster-damaged property owned by the business, including real estate, inventories, supplies, machinery and equipment. Businesses of any size are eligible. Private, non-profit organizations such as charities, churches, private universities, etc. are also eligible.
Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) – Working capital loans to help small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, small businesses engaged in aquaculture, and most private, non-profit organizations of all sizes meet their ordinary and necessary financial obligations that cannot be met as a direct result of the civil unrest. These loans are intended to assist through the disaster recovery period.
Home Disaster Loans – Loans to homeowners or renters to repair or replace disaster-damaged real estate and personal property, including automobiles.
Businesses can access additional information here and apply for loans online here.
- Phase 4 Reopening Guidelines for Businesses
To prepare businesses and employers to implement new and updated safety guidelines in Phase 4, the State of Illinois has developed a business toolkit complete with signage, posters, and other resources to ensure business and activities are conducted in accordance with the latest public health recommendations.
Phase 4 guidelines include five new industry categories and updated recommendations for the existing categories from Phase 3. Each set of guidelines includes a common set of guidelines that are expected and encouraged among all employers and activity types, as well as workplace and program-specific guidelines.
Find complete information at: https://dceocovid19resources.com/restore-illinois/restore-illinois-phase-4/
- Business Interruption Grants Program (BIG)
If your business experienced a limited ability to operate due to COVID-19 related closures, you may qualify for a new grant.
The program includes $20 million for bars and restaurants, barbershops and salons, or gyms and fitness centers unable to offer outside service, providing at least 1,000 grants of up to $20,000 each.
Applications and more information available at: https://bit.ly/BIGGrants
- Cook County Community Recovery Fund is offering one-time, zero-interest loans of up to $20,000 for eligible suburban small businesses and up to $10,000 for independent contractors in suburban Cook County through the COVID-19 pandemic. Click for more information or to apply!
- !!IMPORTANT NOTICE!! CHICAGO HEIGHTS BUSINESSES – PLEASE READ RULES FOR REOPENING You must strictly abide by the enclosed rules published by the Illinois Department of Commerce, including wearing of masks and arranging your service area seating to comply with social distancing. For restaurants and bars that have not previously established outside serving areas, before you commence outside service, you must prepare a handwritten plan/diagram outlining your intended design and service area and submit for review and approval by Code Enforcement Director Gary Miller (Tx# (708) 756-5328. You are NOT AUTHORIZED to begin outside service until formal approval is issued by Mr. Miller. For further information regarding COVID-19 Restore Illinois policies and rules CLICK HERE or contact email@example.com. CLICK HERE to read the FULL NOTICE.
- On Tuesday, May 5th, Governor Pritzker released Restore Illinois, a five-phased plan that will reopen our state. The plan recognizes that the economy will start growing again when consumers feel that it is safe. To prepare businesses and employers to implement the new safety guidelines and to bring many residents back to work, the State of Illinois has developed a business toolkit complete with signage, training checklists, and other resources to ensure business and activities are conducted in accordance with the latest and greatest public health recommendations. Get the Toolkit
- (May 6) The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity has created a guide to help business navigate emergency aid resources during COVID-19. Get the guide
- (May 2) The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) can provide tailored guidance to businesses regarding essential and non-essential rules. We will also deliver information on how businesses that are allowed to operate may do so safely and under the latest public health guidance. Click to learn more.
- (May 1) Governor Pritzker’s Stay-at-Home order extended, with exceptions. Read full list here: https://www.iml.org/page.cfm?key=23857&slide=408
- The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) in partnership with the strategy consulting firm, Milpa Services, are conducting a statewide survey to measure the COVID-19 impact on Latinx business owners in Illinois. If you are a Latinx business owner in Illinois, please consider completing the 8-10 minute survey in English or Spanish. Deadline to complete the survey is May 15, 2020
- Webinar’s in English & Spanish hosted by the Bureau of Economic Development to discuss “What Cook County Businesses & Nonprofits Need to Know About the Paycheck Protection Program.” Click here to learn more.
- NEW! Webinars available through ComEd and DECO. Click to learn more.
On Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 1:00 p.m., the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) will be hosting a webinar in Spanish about the resources available for small business owners impacted by the coronavirus. To register please click https://bit.ly/2V6THyz / El Departamento de Comercio y Oportunidad Económica (DCEO) tendrá un seminario web (webinar) en español el jueves, 16 de abril a la 1:00 p.m. para explicar los recursos disponibles para aquellos negocios pequeños impactados por el coronavirus. Para registrarse visite https://bit.ly/2V6THyz
- (Chicago Heights, IL) – Chicago Heights Mayor David Gonzalez today announced that the Chicago Heights Economic Development Corporation is ready to help the city’s small businesses to navigate the process of seeking federal COVID-19 disaster relief money to keep employees paid and he urged business owners to apply for the loans that will be up to 100% forgivable if employers keep paying their workers. [ ENG | ESP ]
- To learn more about How the Paycheck Protection Program Impacts Small Business in Cook County, register for the webinar to be held on April 8th, 2020 at 9:30 AM.
- A series of measures are being taken to waive various County fines, fees and deferring tax collections to help businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. Find out more at the Cook County Goverment’s COVID-19 response website.
- CITY HALL WILL BE CLOSED MARCH 17 – APRIL 30, 2020 / AYUNTAMIENTO DE LA CIUDAD ESTARÁ CERRADO 17 DE MARZO AL 30 DE ABRIL DE 2020 Please access the Public Health page under the Community tab on the city’s website for updates. You can also visit the Mayor’s Office Facebook page.
- Resources to support businesses during COVID-19
- We are excited to feature Maderos Mexican Restaurant! This family-friendly restaurant is located in Olympia Plaza on Joe Orr Road, stop by and try the delicious food! Check out their photos or visit soon!
- Gregarious Bar & Grill hosted its “Grand Opening” party on Friday, October 25! The restaurant is Chicago Heights’ newest entertainment spot. Located at 20901 Western Avenue, Gregarious hopes to become Chicago Heights’ go to place for good food, good entertainment, and good fun. See Photo
- Chicago Heights Featured Business!
Need to winterize your car, truck? Schulz Motor Parts has been an automotive staple in Chicago Heights for over 50 years. Opened in 1965, Schulz, family-owned and operated, has specialists with more than 25 years of experience. When you need belts, hoses, accessories, batteries, etc, – remember Schulz. Winter is coming.
Open weekdays, 7:30 am-5:30 pm; Saturdays, 7:30 am-3:00 pm.
760 S. Halsted Street
- The City is proud to welcome its newest restaurant business; Arby’s! Located at 207 S. Halsted, Arby’s has completed renovated this former vacant building. The Grand Opening was a huge success as the first 50 customers received a voucher for a free meal for the next 52 weeks!
- Zarlengo’s announced it would be relaunching its business with a new building that was made possible through a tax incentive program.
Zarlengo’s new 6,000 square-foot building will be located at 257 W. Joe Orr Rd. in Chicago Heights and is expected to be completed by the summer of 2020. Click to read more.
- Congratulations to one of Chicago Heights very own, Morgan Li! Job well done! Click link to read more
- Chicago Heights residents are helping to revitalize our city – lot-by-lot. Through our Nuisance Abatement Partnership Program and a community volunteer, Lennie Pulliam, the empty parcel of land at 586 Saratoga has been transformed. Thank you, Lennie, for your help with this transformation. See Before and After pictures!
- We are happy to share the progress being made at 712 Halsted Street!
This location will soon be host to a fitness center, with access to aerial fitness, dance exercise, free weights, squat racks, bikes, treadmills, and much more. Additional group fitness classes will be available as well.
A soft opening is scheduled for early September 2019.
- Long-time Chicago Heights business, Complete Construction Resources (CCR), has finalized their renovation and relocation! CCR will now be located in a new facility at 450 Dixie Highway.
In addition, Diamond Needle Tailor and Briargate Insurance Services will also be located there.
Complete Construction Resources (CCR) is a general contracting company run by President Michael Ferry, who has been part of our City for 14 years. Diamond Needle Tailor specializes in refitting and alterations of men’s and women’s clothing, dresses, and suits. They also offer dry cleaning services. Briargate Insurance is an independent insurance agency, specializing in all lines of insurance. From property casualty, personal lines and commercial, to independent and group life and health.
Complete Construction Resources (CCR) will be hosting an open house on August 16, from 3:00pm – 6:00pm
- The renovation is complete! Ford Motor Company spent the last few months improving their Chicago and Chicago Heights facilities. 500 new jobs have been created in addition to the new equipment. We look forward to having Ford as part of Chicago Heights for years to come!