- A series of measures are being taken to waive various County fines, fees and deferring tax collections to help businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. Find out more at the Cook County Goverment’s COVID-19 response website.
- CITY HALL WILL BE CLOSED MARCH 17 – APRIL 30, 2020 / AYUNTAMIENTO DE LA CIUDAD ESTARÁ CERRADO 17 DE MARZO AL 30 DE ABRIL DE 2020 Please access the Public Health page under the Community tab on the city’s website for updates. You can also visit the Mayor’s Office Facebook page.
- Resources to support businesses during COVID-19
- We are excited to feature Maderos Mexican Restaurant! This family-friendly restaurant is located in Olympia Plaza on Joe Orr Road, stop by and try the delicious food! Check out their photos or visit soon!
- Gregarious Bar & Grill hosted its “Grand Opening” party on Friday, October 25! The restaurant is Chicago Heights’ newest entertainment spot. Located at 20901 Western Avenue, Gregarious hopes to become Chicago Heights’ go to place for good food, good entertainment, and good fun. See Photo
- Chicago Heights Featured Business!
Need to winterize your car, truck? Schulz Motor Parts has been an automotive staple in Chicago Heights for over 50 years. Opened in 1965, Schulz, family-owned and operated, has specialists with more than 25 years of experience. When you need belts, hoses, accessories, batteries, etc, – remember Schulz. Winter is coming.
Open weekdays, 7:30 am-5:30 pm; Saturdays, 7:30 am-3:00 pm.
760 S. Halsted Street
- The City is proud to welcome its newest restaurant business; Arby’s! Located at 207 S. Halsted, Arby’s has completed renovated this former vacant building. The Grand Opening was a huge success as the first 50 customers received a voucher for a free meal for the next 52 weeks!
- Zarlengo’s announced it would be relaunching its business with a new building that was made possible through a tax incentive program.
Zarlengo’s new 6,000 square-foot building will be located at 257 W. Joe Orr Rd. in Chicago Heights and is expected to be completed by the summer of 2020. Click to read more.
- Congratulations to one of Chicago Heights very own, Morgan Li! Job well done! Click link to read more
- Chicago Heights residents are helping to revitalize our city – lot-by-lot. Through our Nuisance Abatement Partnership Program and a community volunteer, Lennie Pulliam, the empty parcel of land at 586 Saratoga has been transformed. Thank you, Lennie, for your help with this transformation. See Before and After pictures!
- We are happy to share the progress being made at 712 Halsted Street!
This location will soon be host to a fitness center, with access to aerial fitness, dance exercise, free weights, squat racks, bikes, treadmills, and much more. Additional group fitness classes will be available as well.
A soft opening is scheduled for early September 2019.
- Long-time Chicago Heights business, Complete Construction Resources (CCR), has finalized their renovation and relocation! CCR will now be located in a new facility at 450 Dixie Highway.
In addition, Diamond Needle Tailor and Briargate Insurance Services will also be located there.
Complete Construction Resources (CCR) is a general contracting company run by President Michael Ferry, who has been part of our City for 14 years. Diamond Needle Tailor specializes in refitting and alterations of men’s and women’s clothing, dresses, and suits. They also offer dry cleaning services. Briargate Insurance is an independent insurance agency, specializing in all lines of insurance. From property casualty, personal lines and commercial, to independent and group life and health.
Complete Construction Resources (CCR) will be hosting an open house on August 16, from 3:00pm – 6:00pm
- The renovation is complete! Ford Motor Company spent the last few months improving their Chicago and Chicago Heights facilities. 500 new jobs have been created in addition to the new equipment. We look forward to having Ford as part of Chicago Heights for years to come!